These are specific JSON formatted files that you can place in a project "in" directory and which enable you to customize workflows:
- Specify that all files placed in a folder are translated into a specific target language (or multiple languages)
- Specify that a specific file is to be translated into a specific target language (or multiple languages)
- Include meta information with individual files: A url, a comment, work instructions...
- Include a deadline with individual files.
- Alignment source file content with a translated file.
- Switch on/off human and machine translations.
You can specify instructions for entire folder (contained files and sub folders) as well as for individual files:
When to use and who uses it?
- CMS connectors: These systematically create an "instructions file" with each source file/content: Target language, deadline, work reference, comments... Read here.
- Cloud connectors: These expose shared hotfolders to a customer or external system. It is then agreed that each hotfolder triggers translation into one specific target language.
- FTP connectors: Same as cloud connectors.
What if I do not use instructions?
- Nothing special 😉 It simply means that each source file will be translated into all project languages and that all other parameters use project defaults.