For more information, please see the following sections: The following file extensions are supported when setting up file format configurations for Microsoft.net resources: .resx.
To learn more about working with file format configurations, please see the following pages:
- View file format configurations
- Modify file format configurations
- Create file format configurations
- Test and validate file format configurations
Default Microsoft.net Resource Configuration
Every file format has a default configuration to ensure that a file can be translated; however, it does not handle every complex property that could be thrown your way when translating a source file. The default configuration for Microsoft.net resources does the following:
- Hides Whitespaces at Beginning and End from the Translator.
- Compresses Sequences of Whitespaces into a Single Whitespace.
- Converts All Entity References to Characters.
- Uses SRX Rules for Text Segmentation.
Custom Microsoft.net Resource Configurations
If you are performing a Microsoft.net resource translation, a custom file format configuration might be necessary to achieve the right results in your target file. Outside of the default configuration selections, Wordbee Translator offers many additional choices:
- Show Whitespaces at Beginning and End to the Translator.
- Replace '& nbsp;' by blanks (not recommended).
- Display Entity References as Original HTML Code or Convert Numeric Entities Only.
- Exclude Specific Content via Regular Expressions.
- Always Split Text at Line Breaks.
Microsoft.net File Options
When setting up a file format configuration for Microsoft.net resources, there are many options to choose from to ensure extraction is successful. The options are described in general below based on individual sections.
- Content - This section contains options for content within the source file and may be used to show or hide beginning/ending whitespaces, compress sequences of whitespaces, and configure how entity references are handled.
- Exclude Content - This option may be used to enter regular expressions for exlcuding content from translation within the source file.
- Text Segmentation - Enable/Disable SRX rules for text segmentation and choose to spilt or not split text at line breaks.