For more information, please see the following sections: The following file extensions are supported when setting up file format configurations for OpenOffice Format files: .odt, .ods, .odp.
To learn more about working with file format configurations, please see the following pages:
- View file format configurations
- Modify file format configurations
- Create file format configurations
- Test and validate file format configurations
Default OpenOffice Format Configuration
Every file format has a default configuration to ensure that a file can be translated; however, it does not handle every complex property that could be thrown your way when translating a source file. The default configuration for OpenOffice Format files does the following:
- Extracts Document Properties for Translation.
- Does Not Show Leading/Trailing Whitespaces.
- Does Not Show Texts Containing Neither Letters nor Digits.
- Ignores Formatting Changes Applied to Whitespaces.
- Uses SRX Rules for Text Segmentation.
- Always Splits Text at Line Breaks.
Custom OpenOffice Format Configurations
If you are performing an OpenOffice Format file translation, a custom file format configuration might be necessary to achieve the right results in your target file. Outside of the default configuration selections, Wordbee Translator offers many additional choices including:
- Not Extracting Document Properties.
- Extracting User Comments.
- Showing Leading/Trailing Whitespaces.
- Showing Texts Containing Neither Letters nor Digits.
- Ignoring Formatting Changes for Texts Containing Neither Letters nor Digits.
- Defining Styles That Should Not Be Translated.
- Excluding Specific Types of Content from the Translation.
OpenOffice Format File Options
When setting up a file format configuration for OpenOffice files, there are many options to choose from to ensure extraction is successful. The options are described in general below based on individual sections.
- Content - This section contains options for handling document properties, user comments, showing or hiding whitespaces/symbols, and formatting changes on whitespaces/symbols.
- Do Not Translate Styles - Define styles that should not be translated within the source document.
- Exclude Content - This option may be used to enter regular expressions for exlcuding content from translation within the source file.
- Text Segmentation - Enable/Disable SRX rules for text segmentation and choose to spilt or not split text at line breaks.