The Beebox Connector for SDL LiveContent makes translating content an efficient and user-friendly process. The connector lets you filter and select content for translation, send content to your translation team or provider, receive finished translations back and have SDL sites updated with a click.
- Any pages.
- Any number of target languages.
- Any number of sites within an SDL Live instance.
- Absolutely no manual export or import of translation files required. All jobs are completed using web services.
- Does not interfere with existing translation and publication workflows.
- Isolates the HTML markup to protect against unintentional tampering.
- Connects to your preferred translation service providers, in-house teams or TMS.
- Easy tracking of running translation requests.
- Automatically inserts completed translations back into the right places.
Translation review and editing:
- Preview and approve translations prior to publishing updated content.
Translation cost optimization:
- Automatically identifies if a sentence or paragraph has been translated in the past. The system automatically reuses the past translations and does not send that content again to your translation provider.
- Automatically identifies repeating sentences and paragraphs in new content and sends these only once for translation. This may lead to a translation volume reduction of 20% or more. Your translation provider receives unique content only (option).
- If your site has already been translated, you can have your existing translations aligned and submitted to your translation team for approval for future use.
- Works with SDL LiveContent 2014 SP3
- Automatically updates/creates target pages.
- Automatically increments page version numbers when updating translations.
- Supports high volume sites of hundreds of megabytes or more.
- Does not interfere with existing LiveContent workflows.
The Connector is a Windows service that connects with the SDL LiveContent API. The service polls SDL for new jobs, processes the jobs and sends back translations to SDL, all automatically.
The Connector talks to the Beebox middleware using the HTTP protocol. The Beebox server can be installed at the SDL LiveContent/CQ owner's premises, an SDL LiveContent integrator or at a language service provider. A single Beebox server can connect any number of content management systems with any number of TMSes or translation teams. Wordbee can provide a list of LSPs who already operate a Beebox server.
Both Beebox Connector for SDL LiveContent and Beebox are off-the-shelf products. Installation and configuration support can be provided by Wordbee upon request.
At a glance
SDL LiveContent 2014 SP3
Translates all content
Uses the SDL API.
Connects with your LSP or TMS
Built-in memories to reduce costs
Demo, Trial and Pricing
SDL LiveContent is a component content management system designed for DITA. It is the most powerful solution available for managing product content on a global scale.